Our client has built a strong reputation for performing heavy industrial demolition/dismantles and strip outs throughout the country by providing their expertise in engineering, environmental assessment, remediation, and specialty construction all while maintaining its long tradition of being considered an industry leader in the industry. They have an immediate need for a Safety Director to spearhead their Safety Department.
- Ten Years of H&S Experience within Construction or Demolition
- Promote and Enforce Project Site Safety so that Workers go Home Safe Each Day
- Maintain Accurate Records, Demolition Safety Documents & Daily Safety Reports
- Have a Thorough Understanding of the Corporate Safety Program (Fall Protection 6- foot rule, Crane Action Plan, Safety Observation Plan, Pre-task planning, etc.).
- Understand Owner Specific Safety Requirements in order to Properly Define & Implement the Project Safety Program
- Promote a Positive, Proactive Safety Attitude during all Orientations, Training and Meetings. Lead by Example
- Ability to Communicate with Customers, Subcontractors and Project Team Members
- Conduct Weekly Safety Audits. Communicate Status with Operations
- Understand and Apply Local Regulations, OSHA regulations, and Other Regulations Governing the Project (i.e. Army Corps EM-385 1-1, etc.)
- Computer Skills Necessary to Maintain Logs, Charts, Training Material and Project Correspondence (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Foundation and Outlook Web Access).
- Be Current with OSHA Training requirements, CPR, HAZWOPER, OSHA 500 Course, Mobile Crane Safety, Asbestos Awareness
For additional information: