Heavy Highway / Paving Contractor seeks a Base Stone and Milling Superintendent to recruit, train and retain crew members focused on uncompromised excellence in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ability to perform aggregate base and site work installations in accordance with DOT, local and commercial plans and specifications.
- Ability to read plans and specifications (application rates, grades, slope, drainage, etc.).
- Ability to manage all aspects of the operation including ordering of materials, logistics, maintenance and outside services.
- Ensuring safe work conditions.
- Proven track record of completing jobs under budget and on-time.
- Coordinating subcontractors and crew activities for multiple projects to ensure efficient and productive work in a timely manner in support of the overall schedule.
- Communicate with a variety of people including management, inspectors, owners and subcontractors.
- 5+ years of experience as frontline supervisor in the Base Stone and Milling industry.
- Knowledge of the local customers, materials and specifications is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of being a self-starter and able to work under limited supervision.
For additional information:
Stephen S. Stauffer