Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all projects within prescribed territory. Job duties encompass all aspects of project management for traffic control and pavement marking construction. Responsibilities include costs control, job costing analysis, material ordering, direction and supervision of personnel for assigned projects from pre-construction to completion. This position will work in both office and field environments and assume all responsibility for designated projects and facilities.
- Supervise and monitor the hiring, training, management and discipline of all branch employees.
- Formulate and enforce expectations for personnel while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Ensure all company personnel and safety policies are communicated and adhered to by branch employees.
- Provide opportunities and resources for employees to receive the necessary job and safety training.
- Respectfully represent company in client, vendor, contractor and agency meetings.
- Identify and implement plans and strategies to improve the business.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging practices and standards.
- Communicate with the Operations Manager to ensure they are adequately informed on the project’s progress.
- Schedule and coordinate equipment and manpower needs while creating clear and obtainable objectives.
- Assure production and contract terms are met or exceeded within the constraints of the bid estimate.
- Monitor and direct the progress in the field while maintaining superior quality, affordability and safety.
- Accomplish the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period.
- Determine the correct amount of labor requirements and maintain a suitable schedule within company labor standards.
- Perform actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at job sites.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with DOT, OCIP and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Follow company process for timecards, operations and billing.
- Conduct scheduled employee performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Oversee the safe delivery of materials, tools and equipment to job sites and other branch locations.
- Check equipment and materials routinely to ensure they are operating correctly and safely.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to address contractor issues within a timely manner.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Good computer skills and basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility to work weekends and travel overnight if necessary.
For additional information: