Heavy Highway Contractor is seeking an Estimating Manager to plan, coordinate, and supervise all functions of the pre-construction, bidding and sales activities with your estimating/sales team.
- Active participation with company safety program, values, policies, and strategic plan
- Reviews plans, specifications, contract documents and attend pre-bid meetings to understand requirements for accurate bid preparation
- Supervises and develops Estimators/Vended Asphalt Mix Salesperson
- Communicate with Owners, Engineers, Architects, Customers and internal team members to develop bid packages and resolve issues
- Analyzes quotes, cost, and pricing information for preparation of bids and construction subcontracts
- Manages the estimate handoff process from the bid to construction management team
- Resolves site problems with construction management team assisting with cost and schedule impacts through the utilization of P6 scheduling software
- Follow-up to ensure completion and close-out of projects
- Perform additional tasks and assignments as necessary to meet deadlines or at managements discretion
- Participates in the business plan, forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 15 years estimating and heavy civil/asphalt construction experience.
- Former supervisory experience required
- Experience with NCDOT, SCDOT, city, county, large industrial, complex FAA and integrated projects preferred
- Possesses basic knowledge of contract law and performs high level review for claims avoidance
- Ability to utilize software tools at a proficient skill level (Microsoft Suite, HCSS Heavy Bid, HCSS Heavy Job Cost, Dodge Market Leader, AGTEK, CADD, Blue Beam, Bid Tabs, P6 Scheduling)
- Working knowledge of civil design/surveying
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and delegation skills are a must to meet tight bid schedules.
For additional information:
Stephen S. Stauffer