Heavy Highway Contractor is seeking an Estimator/Vended Asphalt Mix Salesperson to attend pre-bid/pre-construction meetings, review proposal documents, plans and specifications to understand the scope of work in preparation of preparing bids.
- Active participation with company safety program, values, policies and strategic plan
- Reviews plans, specifications, contract documents and attend pre-bid meetings to understand requirements for accurate bid preparation
- Communicate with Owners, Engineers, Architects, Customers and internal team members to develop bid packages and resolve issues
- Analyzes quotes, historical cost and pricing information for preparation of bids and construction subcontracts
- Leads the estimate handoff process from bid to the construction management team
- Resolves site problems with construction management team assisting with cost and schedule impacts through the utilization of P6 scheduling software
- Responsible for asphalt sales, weekly ticket activity report and collections
- Follow-up to ensure completion and close-out of projects
- Perform additional tasks and assignments as necessary to meet deadlines or at managements discretion
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10 years estimating, sales and heavy civil/asphalt construction experience
- Experience with NCDOT, SCDOT, city, county, large industrial, complex FAA and integrated projects preferred
- Ability to utilize software tools at a proficient skill level (Microsoft Suite, HCSS Heavy Bid, HCSS Heavy Job Cost, Dodge Market Leader, AGTEK, CADD, Blue Beam, Bid Tabs, P6 Scheduling)
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and delegation skills are a must to meet tight bid schedules.
For additional information:
Stephen S. Stauffer