Worldwide leader in infrastructure construction & maintenance is seeking a Regional Controller based out of their Central Region office. This is a senior level position in accounting and the main focus is coordinating all financial reporting functions for the regional operations.
- Responsible for the administration, budgeting & financial accounting for the region including ensuring job cost integrity
- Prepare, review & analyze monthly financial reports to ensure integrity is maintained
- Communicate financial & administrative issues with management
- Review operating costs & propose potential areas of cost reduction
- Analyze detailed job revenue, cost, & accrual information
- Work with operations to assure proper flow of accounting information
- Coordinate year-end inventory analysis, develop waste factors, standard inventory cost & selected monthly schedules
- Participate in external & internal year-end audits
- Analyze & assimilate new acquisitions in regard to accounting & administrative issues
- Monitor & oversee accounts receivables
- Maintain aging records, collections & data entry
- Work with estimators to assure proper costs are used in the estimation process
- Assist in preparation of annual plans, forecasts, and budgets
- Coordinate and maintain proper internal control structure for the region
- Assist the Regional Manager and/or Corporate Controller with special projects as necessary
- Supervise clerical, administrative and financial staff including hiring, training, and evaluation
- Report financial results to Regional Manager and Corporate Controller
- Implement policies and procedures developed at the Regional and Corporate level
- Directly responsible to the Regional Manager; maintain close interactions with and be indirectly responsible to the Corporate Controller and Chief Financial Officer
- Prepare/coordinate reports required by regulatory agencies, e.g., sales and use tax, highway use tax
- Maintain applications, including regulatory reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Four years or more of accounting experience preferred
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFM (Certified Financial Managers), or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work with a diverse team, with attending to mentorship and professional development of staff
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel),
- Proficiency in accounting programs including JD Edwards preferred
- Ability to apply accounting concepts such as debits, credits, reconciliation, analysis, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving history required
For additional information:
Stephen S. Stauffer