Small Trading Company that is growing rapidly is seeking to add a Scrap Trader to the Purchasing Team. Ideal candidates will have experience in scrap purchasing & be willing to manage purchases, as well as handle the office work involved with buying and selling scrap.
- Assist upper management in the development of a purchasing strategy
- Work closely with sales team on a daily basis to ensure the most competitive pricing for our suppliers
- Update pricing daily for all materials as well as any commonly traded items
- Find new reliable suppliers, as well as maintain existing relationships
- Work hand in hand with the hedging department to make sure all positions are correctly hedged at any given time
- Discuss freights with shipping lines
- Handle paperwork pertaining to purchases and sales from the Miami office
- Travel required to visit customers and suppliers as well as all major industry conferences
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a must, other languages seen as a plus
- 3-5 Years of Scrap Trading experience
- An existing and transferable book of suppliers within the non-ferrous and/or ferrous scrap trading industry, we will prioritize a supply base in central and South America.