Heavy Highway Company seeks a Grading Superintendent to oversee the operations of multiple grading crews including safety, quality, scheduling, logistics, equipment, material, selection and personnel management.
- Support Company’s Health, safety and environmental standards and processes including toolbox meetings and generation of Near Miss reporting.
- Implementation and enforcement of company’s safety and environmental policies.
- Continuation of open culture that encourages employee ownership of safety and sharing of ideas for improvement.
- Participate in accident reporting, development and implementation of corrective action plans and communication through the safety program.
- Communicate and enforce OSHA roles and responsibilities.
- Support and follow the crisis management process.
- Responsible for highest quality in all aspects of operations and customer expectations.
- Interact with estimators, customers, subcontractors, dispatch, testing firms and inspectors to ensure project needs are meet.
- Working relationship with paving, survey and operations to best meet demands and utilize assets.
- Control short- term and long-term schedules for grading crews.
- Responsible for key performance indicators that include safety policy and reporting on a weekly basis.
- Oversee the accuracy of all daily reporting requirements. This includes complete and accurate reporting using B2W software, correct pre and post shift inspection sheets and weekly toolbox safety meetings.
- Responsible for controlling crew costs and making timely changes as necessary to meet or exceed estimated margins.
- Manage and schedule subcontractors associated with completion of projects.
- Communicate with dispatch on trucking needs or changes daily.
- Understand all specifications for projects for each municipality and projects.
- Understand Trimble GPS System and knowledge of all grade control for project.
For additional information: